Menorca sin Plástico is formed by various entities of Menorca with an important trajectory in the protection and preservation of the environment and that, through the Alliance, join forces this time to fight against single-use plastic.
Menorca Sin Plástico is structured in two figures: motor entities and platform entities.
MOTOR entities contribute time and/or funds and/or resources to the Alliance in tangible ways.
Currently Menorca Sin Plástico is formed by the following MOTOR entities:
The main objectives of the Alliance are:
- Certify companies located in Menorca that carry out actions to reduce the use of plastic.
- Know the regulations applicable to waste on the island, especially those related to plastic waste.
- Study local suppliers and businesses that offer alternatives to single-use plastic.
- Carry out information campaigns that contribute to the reduction of the use of plastic, especially single-use as well as the impacts of plastic pollution on the island.
- Create and be the coordination platform of the different entities working towards a "Menorca Without Plastic".
- Participate in projects of interest and that allow networking and improve knowledge about plastics.
- Offer training and relevant information on the problem of plastics to the rest of the members of the Alliance.
Lines of action
Research alternatives to single-use plastic at the local level, where they can be found and tested for effectiveness.
Help companies reduce the use of single-use plastic and certify their progress through certification.
To be the platform and meeting point of local entities that work to achieve a Menorca Without Plastic.